inFIRE is the international network for Fire Information and Reference Exchange, a worldwide consortium of libraries and information centres with significant collections of fire literature. The focus of inFIRE is on resource sharing among member organizations both online and at the annual inFIRE conference, where presentations on library activities, fire research and new technologies and trends provide professional development and networking opportunities.
inFIRE Mission Statement
To provide an international network for fire librarians and fire information specialists to facilitate the exchange of fire information.
In support of this, inFIRE is committed to:
- Sharing ideas on future trends, technology, marketing, and library organization.
- Sharing resources: Expanding the means to access information.
- Professional development, addressing skills and concerns.
- Communication among members.
- Services and products as outlined by the inFIRE Executive Committee and the membership.
All of which enhance the ability of inFIRE members to meet the needs of their clients.